This build is designed to clear all of uw in nm or hm and Dhuum speedily without cons even after the Shadowform nerf. More care is required in nm than hm because grasping darknesses do less dmg to the tank.
2x Perma Tank
Searing Freeze Ele
A/Mo Perma Tanks
<pvxbig> [build prof=Assassin/Monk ShadowArts=12+1+3 ProtectionPrayers=12][Essence Bond][Balthazar's Spirit][Deadly Paradox][Shadow Form][Protective Spirit][Spirit Bond][Shield of Absorption][Shroud of Distress][/build] </pvxbig>
Working off the concept of the 600 Monk, the "600 Perma" uses protective spirit and Spirit Bond to survive the heavy melee damage of Grasping Darknesses and Aatxes as well as tank all other areas of the uw with minimal difficulty.
- Variant: put Rebirth in place of Shroud of Distress for a safety rez.
- Equipment: Lowest armor that can be afforded (preferably noob armor for nm, otherwise, remove two pieces or more when fighting graspings and nightmares) with radiant insignias and attunement runes on all pieces. Hp value does NOT matter. 20 energy staff of enchanting with "Ignorance is Bliss" inscription. (armor-5, energy+5)
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Mesmer Curses=12+1+3 BloodMagic=3+1 IllusionMagic=9][Awaken the Blood][Arcane Echo][Spiteful Spirit][Insidious Parasite][Ancestor's Visage][Sympathetic Visage][Hexer's Vigor][Sunspear Rebirth Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Variant: Use "By Ural's Hammer!" in place of Sunspear Rebirth sig or use Auspicious Incantation with 1 Inspiration.
- Equipment: 20 Energy Staff of mastery with 20% 1/2 skill recharge of spells. Radiant insignias and Attunement runes on all armor pieces.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/Ranger HealingPrayers=12+1+1 WildernessSurvival=3 DivineFavor=12+1][Patient Spirit][Serpent's Quickness][Dwayna's Kiss][Seed of Life][Healing Seed][Essence Bond][Unyielding Aura][Heal Party][/build] </pvxbig>
- Variant: Whatever UA style best fits you. There are many to choose from, 2 many to list every varying skill here.
- Equipment: Survivor/Radiant armor and best vigor rune possible, attunement runes on other pieces.. 20 e staff of enchanting and 1/2 skill recharge of spells 20%.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/ ProtectionPrayers=12+1+3 DivineFavor=12+1][Essence Bond][Protective Spirit][Zealous Benediction][Reversal of Fortune][Seed of Life][Remove Hex][Shield of Absorption][Renew Life][/build] </pvxbig>
- Variant: Use Symbiosis in place of remove hex to boost the entire party's hp vs. skeles so everyone can rush and kill instead of creatively pull.
- Equipment: Survivor/Radiant insignias and attunement runes, whichever vigor you want. 20e staff of enchanting with 20% 1/2 skill recharge.
Searing Freeze ele
<pvxbig> [build prof=Elementalist/Mesmer FireMagic=12+1+3 InspirationMagic=3 EnergyStorage=12+1] [Glyph of Concentration][Auspicious Incantation][Deep Freeze][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Mark of Rodgort][Searing Flames][Air of Superiority][Fire Attunement][/build] </pvxbig>
- Equipment: 20e staff of Enchanting with 20% 1/2 skill recharge. Radiant/survivor Insignias, attunements, best vigor affordable.
For the open slots, it's quickest to take an SoS with disenchantment and a Searing Flames ele, but any set of nukers/dmg types can be used. Bring glyph of concentration for chaos planes and the vale.