|This build requires Consumables to operate properly.|
This build uses the compounding strength of domination and illusion mesmers to roll through DoA easily. It can also be run without cons rather easily, but modifications must be made to accomodate. 1 tank, use either a support(bip) or keystone mesmer. the tactics are basically the same as DoA casterspike.
- 2 Tanks
- 2 Monks
- 4 Mesmers
<pvxbig> [build prof=Elementalist/Assassin EnergyStorage=9+1 EarthMagic=12+3+1 ShadowArts=9][Obsidian Flesh][Stoneflesh Aura][Shroud of Distress][Death's Charge]["I Am Unstoppable!"][optional][Ebon Battle Standard of Honor][Sliver Armor][/build] </pvxbig> optional
<pvxbig> [build prof=A/E ear=12 dead=3 sha=12+1+3][Shroud of Distress][Shadow Form]["I Am Unstoppable!"][Stoneflesh Aura][Armor of Earth][Glyph of Concentration][Recall][Death's Charge][/build] </pvxbig>
- Armor of Earth can be replaced by Feigned Neutrality or Shadow Sanctuary, according to your preference.
- Armor: Blessed insignia, vitae runes, rune of superior vigor
- Weapons: one handed +20% enchanted weapon and +10 armor vs demons shield, high energy staff.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/R hea=12+1+1 wil=3 div=12+1][Patient Spirit][Essence Bond][Infuse Health][Seed of Life][Healing Seed][Serpent's Quickness][Unyielding Aura][Heal Party][/build] </pvxbig>
- Armor: Survivor insignia with superior vigor rune.
- Weapons: 20/20 Healing wand and offhand, shield set with a +10 armor vs. demons shield, +20% enchantments weapon.
Use Air of Superiority in place of Essence Bond for Energy management.
<pvxbig>[build prof=Elementalist/Monk EnergyStorage=12+3+1 FireMagic=3 ProtectionPrayers=12][Ether Renewal][Spirit Bond][Burning Speed][Protective Bond][Life Bond][Balthazar's Spirit][Aura of Restoration][Rebirth][/build]</pvxbig>
20% enchanting high energy staff.
<pvxbig>[build prof=Monk/Ranger DivineFavor=10 ProtectionPrayers=11+3+1 BeastMastery=10][Life Barrier][Spirit Bond][Balthazar's Spirit][Life Bond][Blessed Signet][Symbiosis][Edge of Extinction][Rebirth][/build]</pvxbig>
Energy Surge Mesmer
<pvxbig> [build prof=me/any dom=12+1+3 fast=8+1 ins=10+3][Arcane Mimicry][Arcane Echo][energy surge]["By Ural's Hammer!"][Complicate][Mistrust][Cry of Pain][Air of Superiority][/build] </pvxbig>
Use Arcane Mimicry to copy another Energy Surge before a spike is fully setup, or use Cry of Pain as a spammable large aoe dmg. Spam Overload and Mistrust on Casters to spread damage far and wide. Make sure in veil to cancel at least one of the vampiric touch skills of hungers is for some reason they begin attacking the blocking tank. with three energy surges, the damage should make them use Grenth's balance and kill themselves through mistrust, but be ready.
- While not reccommended, this build can be run without mesmer primary. Put 12 in domination. Eles, Rangers, and Necros should invest remaining points in their primary attribute. R7 Lightbringer is an absolute must if you are not mesmer primary.
<pvxbig> [build prof=any/mes illusion=12][Shared Burden][clumsiness][wandering eye][signet of clumsiness][Ebon Battle Standard of Honor][Cry of Pain][Illusion of Pain][Air of Superiority][/build] </pvxbig>
Your main job is to slow down the cast times of all foes in doa. when large groups are balled around the tank, spam all of your offensive skills. Eles, necros, rangers, and mesmers should invest points in their primary attribute.
- Caller is a bit of a formality. You will actually follow the tanks' pings for centermost enemy and use shared burden on said foe, but you are the snare, so if the tanks are neglectful, call the center target urself. Note that mistrust and other skills will likely be used on multiple foes, so the only skills which must be centered are yours, esurge, and cop.
<pvxbig> [build prof=me/R DominationMagic=12+1+3 FastCasting=8+1 BeastMastery=10][Arcane Echo][Energy Surge][Symbiosis][Edge of Extinction][Complicate][Mistrust][Wastrel's worry][Cry of Pain][/build] </pvxbig>
Maintain Edge of Extinction on spikes. Use symbiosis where required to assist the tanks. In veil for hungers, put mistrust on a hunger before spiking with energy surge. When they resort to using grenth's balance, they will destroy themselves.
<pvxbig> [build prof=me/E dom=12+1 fast=12+1+3][Arcane echo][Arcane Mimicry][Psychic Instability][mistrust][Complicate][Cry of Pain][Wastrel's Worry][Air of superiority][/build] </pvxbig>
Make sure to mimic an energy surge before a spike. Make sure to kd hungers in veil so the spike can go off without a hitch. when they get up to use grenth's balance, let them destroy themselves. Complicate one of the vampiric touches if things get hairy.
- A Keystone Spammer can be substituted in place of this, however, Wastrel's worry goes off more easily with stuff knocked down for 4 seconds at a time.
<pvxbig> [build prof=me/N Curses=12 fast=12+1+3]["By Ural's Hammer!"][Symbolic Celerity][Keystone Signet][Unnatural Signet][Signet of Sorrow][Signet of clumsiness][Weaken Armor][Necrosis][/build] </pvxbig>
Use keystone a bit before a spike so that it can recharge midfight if need be.
For tanking, balling, and positioning, refer to DoA Casterspike. The Cast order for Mesmers is: copy esurges, echo, Shared Burden (except for the wall fights in torc'qua), Wastrel's Worry/Clumsiness, Mistrust/Wandering Eye, Cry of Pain/signet of clumsiness, rinse and repeat for everything. complicate may or may not be needed for the hungers in Stygian Veil. You will want to use it to cancel Searing flames on torture dryders and guardians of Komalie later on.
- Jadoth: For this fight, ball everything around the paragon boss or a good central enemy. Wastrel's worry ends 2x faster on these bosses, so call it between the two users. spamming on top of him is one of the best ways to bring down a mob. Shared Honor Mes should be spamming clumsiness, wandering eye, and sig of clumsiness on him to keep any of his attacks from connecting. Do not use illusion of pain on Jadoth. Any straggler enemies can be spammed to death with illusion of pain, COP, and wastrel's worry (requires kd or aggressive complicate).
- Tendrils: Split the mesmers 2-2. Have shared burden go with one esurge and psychic go with the other. Hex, cop, esurge, wastrel's worry, and spam til death. Using complicate to interrupt the tendril's slash and then using worry is very effective. Use the running and positioning guides from casterspike to avoid aggroing the spawns while tank(s) ball them up. Inexperienced teams will have to spike between tendrils.
- Darkness: Make sure all but the main tank runs when the group of five darknesses fall. The tank should run along the wall and ball the earth tormentors before pinging. spam the clumsiness skills and run them down with energy surge.
- Black Beast: Have the recall tank ball the titans on the wall, but be ready to rush and complicate touch of aaaargh. Spam and destroy.
- Fury: the Sliver Tank should have killed any meleers around himself and be ready for the fury fight. Have him rush in with the mobs trailing behind him, killing Fury first, kis, rider guards, then dryder guards. try to ball them up semi close so you don't get a massive mess between damage mob and the fury group mixing. Then ball them up, spike, and you are done.