Mutually Assured Destruction is a spin-off of the many useless EoE bomb PvP builds that can be used in a way as to be actually useful. It excells at dispersing or destroying mobs in AB or CM.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=N/R Death=8+1+3 SoulReaping=2+2 BeastMastery=12 WildernessSurvival=10][Rotting Flesh][Rising Bile][Putrid Bile] [Necrotic Traversal][Lacerate][Toxicity][Pestilence][Edge of Extinction][/build] </pvxbig>
- Radiant armor with a Rune of Superior Death Magic, a Rune of Major Soul Reaping, a Rune of Superior Vigor and 2 Runes of Attunement
- Wand with HCT/HSR 20% for Death and an Offhand with HCT 20% for Death and +1 Death 20%
- This build is designed for getting rid of enemy blobs during AB or CM, until a blob forms support your team with Rising Bile, covering it with Putrid Bile a second or two later, as well as Necrotic Traversal.
- Once a blob forms, and they almost always do, try to position yourself with the max number of enemies within spirit range and the minimum number of allies within spirit range as possible, in an out-of-the-way position, if possible.
- Cast Lacerate, Toxicity, Pestilence and Edge of Extinction, in that order. Wait and recast Lacerate as soon as it refreshes to start bleeding in many targets.
- Once your spirits are cast, find the nearest enemies, preferrably in groups, and cast Rotting Flesh, Rising Bile and Putrid Bile on as many of them as possible. Use Necrotic Traversal whenever possible.
- Continue casting Lacerate whenever possible and keep the other spirits up as well.
- Repeated Killing of your spirits
- General Anti-Caster Counters
- An Enemy Team that doesn't Blob
- Place your points from Wilderness Survival into Death and Soul Reaping, replace Pestilence with another Death nuke, such as Vile Miasma to deal more direct damage when not using the EOE combo.
- Place your points from Wilderness Survival into Death and Soul Reaping, replace Pestilence with Animate Shambling Horror, to facilitate spreading more bleeding for Lacerate to capitalize on.
- Replace Rising Bile with Serpent's Quickness for adding spamming of the spirits as well as Putrid Bile. This means you can have more than one set of spirits up at a time (in different areas), and you can hit more targets with Putrid Bile, causing more explosions as targets die, which in turn triggers EoE more. However, the explosions won't have quite the "oopmh" they do with Rising Bile in there as well, and you won't be quite as effective pre-spirit drop.
- The most important aspect of running this build is proper placement of your spirits.
- If you place them too close to your allies' main forces you'll hurt your team badly.
- If you don't place the spirits near to enough enemies the combo won't be effective.
- If you place the spirits in too open of an area they'll likely be killed and the combo shut down.
- A good placement of spirits is off in a corner or behind an obstacle near a shrine that the enemy is mobbed on. If placed well, it will decimate the enemies' mob, kill off the shrine guards and only damage the front line of your allies' forces - leaving the shrine free to take.
- The range of a spirit's effect is 2.7 times aggro range, or about 1/2 to 2/3 the radius of the compass.
Thanks go to Reithan.