The PvXwiki community finds this to be a Contest Entry build.
This build has been designed for this: User:Master Gladius/LAME_Contest contest, is not affected by the PvX vetting system and has not reached an overall rating, and thus qualifies for the category of working builds: Contest Entry.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The Blessed Spear is a hybrid monk using hybrid spell Blessed Light and spells from the smiting line while pressuring enemies with spear attacks.
Skills and Attributes
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/P name="Blessed Spear" Divine=9+1+1 spe=12 SmitingPrayers=9+1][Barbed Spear][Blazing Spear][Merciless Spear][Reversal of Damage][Judge's Intervention][Blessed Light][Signet of Devotion][Smiter's Boon][/build] </pvxbig>
- Blessed Insignia(s).
- Runes of Superior Vigor, Clarity, Recovery, and Vitae.
- 1st equipment set - Vampiric Spear with +5 Armor and +15% damage > 50% health, along with a Shield that gives +30 Health and Blind reduction. This is your main set for attacking.
- 2nd equipment set - Smiting Wand and offhand Focus, each with 20% fast cast and skill recharge mods. This is your main set for casting.
- 3rd equipment set - Smiting Wand and offhand Focus, with +30 energy and whatever other mods you want. This is your set for casting when you need energy. Never sit in it, because of the negative energy regeneration. Always switch out when you no longer need to cast.
- 4th equipment set - Furious or Barbed Spear with +30 health, -5 energy and +15% damage, and a Shield that gives +30 Health and whatever other mod you want. This is the set you switch for a quick boost of health or to maximize your chance of avoiding energy denial.
- A Zealous Spear and however many other Shields you want are good additions for your inventory.
- Playing this build can be rather hectic, as you'll be target and equipment swapping all over the place to damage your foes and heal/protect your friends.
- Attack as often as you can between casting your spells.
- Spread bleeding with Barbed Spear and look for prone targets to use Blazing Spear and Merciless Spear on.
- Remember that you get +10 Armor when affected by an Enchantment.
- Let your teammates know that you are Hybrid monk.
- General caster and physical counters.
- Switch to full protection and take a different elite like SoD, SoR or Life Sheath.
- Healing Prayers line for WoH, Patient etc.