Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/Me Wilderness_Survival=12+1+3 Expertise=12+3 Inspiration=3][Dust Trap][Echo][Flame Trap][Barbed Trap][Tripwire][Serpent's Quickness][Winnowing][Ether Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Radiant Insignia and 2 Superior runes as noted in the build are required. One or more Attunement runes is recommended.
- +20 Energy staff, Insightful with "Hale and Hearty" Inscription.
- +30 Energy staff, Insightful with "Seize the Day" Inscription. Optional.
- Any weapon set with zero bonus energy or negative energy. Optional.
- Run East from the Stygian Veil portal to the Adept of Whispers and accept the quest, "Breaching the Stygian Veil."
- Run NE along the trench, and wait outside aggro range of the Stygian Hungers converging from the red valley below.
- Run down into the valley and continue around the Dreadspawn Maw until you are facing the mob.
- Directly opposite the mob of Stygians is a small rock outcropping with an indented nook behind it.
- Activate Winnowing in the nook, move adjacent to the rock and activate Serpent's Quickness, Echo, Dust Trap, and then the rest of your traps.
- Continue trapping from left to right on the skill bar, always prioritizing Dust Trap whenever it is recharged.
- Use Serpent's Quickness as your timer. When it nears its second recharge, pull.
- When you run out of energy, use Ether Signet.
- After you pull, immediately run away. If all goes well, the Stygians should switch targets to your spirit and pause to attack it while your traps explode at their feet.
- Continue running until you are safely out of the valley.
- Once the next wave has converged, run back into the valley, collect your drops and repeat.
- Resign after the second wave, as Stygian Fiends will show up in the third wave. Stygian Fiends are more trouble than they are worth to try to solo with this build.
- Improper timing.
- Insufficient Lightbringer rank.
- Monsters follow you instead of attacking your spirit.
Trapper's Speed may be used instead of Serpent's Quickness.
- Lightbringer is required. Rank 5 and above has been tested in Hard Mode.
- Max armor is not required, nor are Vigor or Vitae runes. If you are hit, you'll die either way.
- The optional equipment can be used to eliminate time spent waiting for energy regeneration. This build is designed for use with 55 energy.
- Swapping to the +30 staff can save up to 5 seconds of time spent waiting to activate the last two traps.
- The negative or zero bonus energy set may be used to fulfill the energy condition of Ether Signet.
- If any enemies follow you instead of attacking your spirit, drop a Barbed Trap and run. Eventually, they may give up. You may need to use Tripwire as well.
- Talk to the Whispers Informant before accepting the quest for the bounty if you wish.
- Since no drops are assigned to party members outside compass range, you may bring a hero with a resurrection skill.
- A hero with the Muddy Terrain and Edge of Extinction spirits enables you to defeat all six waves. Consider combining these spirits with Rebirth to complete the first quest objective as a duo. All drops will still be assigned to the player with proper flagging.
R/Me Solo Trap Stygian Veil Hard mode - No EW YouTube video
 Direct download video link
Echo Trap Stygian Veil Discussion thread on Guild Wars Guru