Hello, Guild of Deals, and welcome to PvXwiki! If you need help with anything, please feel free to leave a message at my talk page. I highly recommend that you check out the "About" page and the policy page for a brief overview about the wiki. Best of luck and happy editing! Your message —ǥrɩɳsɧƿoɲ〚ŞƳŞŌƤ〛 15:08, 22 August 2007 (CEST)
I've taken the liberty of reformatting portions of your IW guide and have moved it from "Guide: IW Guide" to its proper location, Guide:IW Guide. *Defiant Elements* +talk 00:16, 6 September 2007 (CEST)
- SB is better for catching spikes anyway. PS is near useless against multiple sources of damage. All there is left is farming, and the drop system > that.
- Insidious Parasite requires a lot of energy to maintain, and is less disruptive than other anti-melee hexes.
- Vamp Touches - snares, diversion, etc.
- Shadow Prison - already nerfed, besides SP chain is very fragile. A single diversion, or even some minor energy denial and they're useless.
- Diversion - distracting shot (or any interrupt really), or another diversion. Stance removal (Wild Throw is seeing some use in GvG) is also a pain.
- Avatar of Balthazar - only a small increase in DPS except against minions, extra AL is useless with good positioning, speed boost can be achieved with non elite skills.
- Way of the Master - niche skill.
- Aura of the Lich - nich skill too, easily countered.
- Way of the Assassin - agree, once was a niche skill, now next to useless with WotM out.
- Tiger's/Besitial Fury - again, it used to be 33% and widely abused. If nothing else, it's a decent PvE IAS for people with only Prophecies/Factions.
- BiP - twice as much energy regen as BR, cheaper, faster casting, not touch range. Saccing isn't that big an issue in PvE anyway.
- Seed of Life - either imba or useless, I'd prefer the latter.
- Awe - never would be a good skill, just too gimmicky.
- IAS for sins - why not add condition removal for warriors, defensive stances for monks, and shadow steps for dervishes while we're at it?
- Incoming - agree that it's buff-worthy, but a useless skill is better than an imba and abused skill.
Tycn 14:27, 14 September 2007 (CEST)
That new colour is harsh on the eyes, by the way. Tycn 14:33, 14 September 2007 (CEST)
Sure, people should try different things. Touchers are getting replaced by Me/N Gaze Spammers, different sin elites such as AoD are seeing more use. To be honest, however, I just like to argue :P Tycn 14:55, 14 September 2007 (CEST)
Lol, well ive seen a decline in Touchers and SP sins, and theyre mostly replaced by variations of that. People also realize that people will bring a counter to overused builds (blindness, diversion, backfire, etc). <--GoD
Can i advise you read the discussion pages on your autofail page and on your nerf/buff page. It points out a few things you are... wrong in. - Rawrawr 01:40, 7 October 2007 (CEST)
In theory, don't you think it could be done? With some type of conjure weapon and some warrior skills. I might actually work on something like this later. Vanguard 17:12, 22 October 2007 (CEST)
Still, they're inferior to warriors and most people think "wow, being able to cast Flare AND some random sword attack, that's awesome!" Bad news, it's not. --Guild of Deals 23:15, 22 October 2007 (CEST)
and animation too. Shogunshen 22:12, 2 November 2007 (CET)
I like your things that annoys you and i agree with all it says :) Voodoo 18:07, 6 November 2007 (EST)
High Level PvP
everyone who does it is too rich in gw? lulwut? Tycn 00:08, 3 November 2007 (CET)
C'mon, watch a high ranked PvP match (like GvG) and this is what you see: everyone has Magmas shields, 15k armor, etc. --Guild of Deals 00:29, 3 November 2007 (CET)
- Here's a flowchart.
Yeah yeah im not rich, but seriously, if youve got like 15k armor on ALL your chars then you really need to get a life. You've obviously been spending too much time on GW. Anyway, it's my opinion, so don't bitch and moan about it. (O.O) --Guild of Deals 00:47, 3 November 2007 (CET)
Going back up to high level PvP, maybe it's the only fun in the game? I've played with some good guilds, and I totally rather do something really hard like B Spike with SoG then PvE with SF way and rape everything in hard mode, having no competition at all, and getting titles that are useless.
PvP, well, before in PvP fame used to mean how good you were. Having 25 titles in PvE means you play PvE a lot, you don't actually need to require any skill at all. But, in PvP, back in the day, having Rank 3 means you are good, no matter how long you play, it'd take a WHILE. Learn before making stupid comments like these.
1 more thing. "PvP Unlocks." From HB and GvG tournaments. You win, you get a lot of tournament reward points, and you get good enough to unlock Tormented crap for PvP. GFG. Hide-And-Seek 01:35, 14 November 2007 (CET)
Heh, I guess. --Guild of Deals 01:00, 3 November 2007 (CET)
I have Elite armour on all of my characters (all two of them). Does that mean after a year of playing Guild Wars I have no life? Lol I had my Elite Cabal on my Necromancer at level 14. :D Unreal Havoc 14:42, 10 November 2007 (CET)
Yes, yes it does. Go find a something else to do, like Heroine Hero or a job. --Guild of Deals 15:18, 10 November 2007 (CET)
- I work for a living and on top of that look after my young daughter day in day out, I think I have enough to do. ;) Guild wars is a pleasant break once the kids in bed. Getting Elite armour isn't exactly hard to do or even that costly, getting it for just two characters in a year is hardly time consuming. :) Unreal Havoc 15:26, 10 November 2007 (CET)
Do not revert again. The other version was better than yours. I do not want to ban you, but you have been warned. Discuss changes if you want to change it back, SHOW why it's better. ~~ frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 18:26, 4 November 2007 (CET)
well it is MY build first of all, so I feel obligated to be able to control it. Secondly, the build previous to it was lacking in my opinion, so I feel that maybe if the user who changed it said something like "hey, i think it should be etc, etc, etc" then it wouldve been better that to change w/o my ok. --Guild of Deals 20:31, 4 November 2007 (CET)
- PvXwiki:Article Ownership. The moment the build has been submitted to the wiki, it is no longer yours. It is a product of the community. That's what a wiki is. --Wizardboy777(T/C/Sysop) 21:34, 4 November 2007 (CET)
Fine, ill just "let go" of it. Since i've pretty much done nothing to it cause he went and massacred it, ill let him have fun. --Guild of Deals 22:08, 4 November 2007 (CET)
- He made it better. Alot better. - Rawrawr 15:22, 10 November 2007 (CET)
Yeah, i know, but we've been "collaborating" on it to make it better. --Guild of Deals 15:26, 10 November 2007 (CET)
- If that floats your boat. Shen(contribs) 21:11, 18 November 2007 (CET)
- No, not too bad. PvX:SIGN. Please change the bright yellow part to regular yellow or something not so bright.--Victoryisyours 23:11, 14 November 2007 (CET)
- I like orange, but it doesnt seem to match there. Try brown, it looks like a dark red.--Victoryisyours 23:56, 14 November 2007 (CET)
The PvE Mesmer Organization (PvEMO)
Ok, I'm sick and tired of crappy PvE Mesmer builds. Half of them are just FC Nukers, but I want a PvE Mesmer build that focuses on MESMER skills! The only builds out there that do this are the Ineptitude and MoR Interrupter, both of which i find very average. So, join the cause. Add a good Mesmer skill you want in the build. Add a friendly suggestion. Give my a ring of any ideas. Just please, donate your suggestions right here, and help put an end to bad Mesmer PvE builds. Please, all suggestions MUST be for primary Mesmers who UTILIZE Mesmer skills. This public service announcement was brought to you by: --GuildofDeals 21:21, 18 November 2007 (CET)
...No I don't. If most people are really quite stupid enough to believe that it counts for secondaries, then I really should just take a very large sigh. I'll go make this thing idiot proof. --GuildofDeals 21:36, 18 November 2007 (CET)
- It was a
suggestion. Calm down. No reason to violate PvX:NPA. Shen(contribs) 21:39, 18 November 2007 (CET)
That wasn't a personal attack. I never said anything directly, I was referring to a large amount of people who would find that. Anyway, if you really want that apology and hug, "I'm sorry." --GuildofDeals 21:40, 18 November 2007 (CET)
"Title is wrong, skills suck, and no talk page in testing? It should be Me/Rt, and you obviously don't know how to use Signet of Illusions. The spelling is also HORRIBLE. "deration"? "fightr"? On a scale of 0 to 5, I'd give this a yellow."
Is extremely unhelpful and unnecessaryily insulting. There is no requirement for a build to have a talk page when in testing, and if the spelling is horrible, fix it. On a scale of 0 to 5, giving it a yellow isnt saying it is good or bad, its just stupid. The author clearly knows how Signet of Illusions works, as he has tested and used the build before he submitted it. If you could supply a wise comment and feedback, I'm sure the author would appreciate it. Thanks.--Victoryisyours (talk/pvxcontribs) 00:31, 20 November 2007 (CET)
Ok, here's my reasoning. "The spelling is horrible": Sorry, it's a pet peeve, and i'm kinda iffy on editing other pages. I know I can, I just don't feel it's my place. "On a scale of 0 to 5, I'd give it a yellow": Yeah, it's my joke. I feel the build is kinda... Bad? "The author obviously doesn't know how to use Signet of Illusions": Most people use Signet of Illusions to provide an attribute level of usually 16 to up to 4-5 attributes. It's not mainly used to buff one PvE skill. There's my reasoning. It may be mean, but it's honest. --GuildofDeals 20:49, 20 November 2007 (CET)
- Still no need for such rudeness. Especially in light of your 'pet peeve', there's no reason you shouldn't change it yourself. A 'yellow' rating just demonstrates the worthlessness of your comment. I don't care about your jokes unless they improve the build. If you are going to be so rude as to say 'you obviously don't know how to use Signet of Illusions', at least follow up with an explanation. To simply leave it at that isn't honest. It's mean. Shen(contribs) 22:03, 20 November 2007 (CET)
First of all, this isn't your issue. I made my edits to the build to fix spelling and grammer. Anyway, it IS honest, and it IS and opinion. The author can desregard all my advice if he wants, it's just a comment. --GuildofDeals 22:14, 20 November 2007 (CET)
- albiet a worthless, distracting, and discouraging one. It's anybody's issue. No one should ever be so rude, especially to a new user. It's comments like those that give PvX a negative connotation. Anyone caring for the wiki needs to step in such a situation. Shen(contribs) 22:35, 20 November 2007 (CET)
Well, ya know what, new user or not, the build is bad. If an expert Guild Wars player just started using PvX, then do you think he'd make bad builds? Odds say no. Also, I have my freedom of speech. I'm not making a personal attack against him, and I'm not breaking any other rules. The comment was rude, end of story. I never regret what I say unless it will seriously (I mean SERIOUSLY) hurt someone or something. --GuildofDeals 22:49, 20 November 2007 (CET)
churning earth 42*5*5=1050dmg +constant snare
crystal wave 106*5=530dmg armor ignoring
that results in 2105dmg to 60AL hoes, 1317dmg to 100AL hoes and 923dmg to 140ALish hoes
wall+constant churning earth KD prevents kiting
also seed of life is used with glyph of renewal and kept up constantly on the bonder to heal ur entire party
do something about ur vote as it makes the build look bad rly kthnxbye Edwina Elbert*t*c* 21:44, 21 November 2007 (CET)
- Think about this: have maybe 4 SH (Savannah) Eles, one or two Deep Freeze. The damage will be EXTREMELY high, much better than that. Anyway, you don't need 6 tanks that have damage plain inferior to nukers. --GuildofDeals 22:03, 21 November 2007 (CET)
The image on your signature has to be exclusive to the signature according to PvX:SIGN. Just download the IW image and re-upload it under a new name such as Guildofdealssig.jpg. Viet (talk*pvxcontribs) 08:42, 22 November 2007 (CET)